Sunday, January 27, 2008

Scenes from the Asian American Poetry Triple Header



With 85+ people in attendance from a wide cross-section of the Twin Cities community, I think it's safe to consider this a great success.

From my end of things, the set I performed included What Kills A Man, Aliens, Destroy All Monsters, Before Going Feral, Thread Between Stone and The Tuk Tuk Diaries: Part I.

I would consider this set a meditation of the alien, the mythic and the experience of adoptees and refugees. People seeking home who meet people looking to 'get away from it all.'

Sun Yung Shin and Lee Herrick also presented a magnificent selection of their pieces: some classics and some new work too. I'll hopefully be able to get some of it up on Youtube before too long, if the footage has come out properly! :)

Thanks again, everyone who came! All of your support and feedback was amazing and astounding.

No comments: