Friday, October 23, 2009

Marilyn Chin: Revenge of the Mooncake Vixen


On Thursday, October 22nd in New York, the Asian American Writer's Workshop held a party to celebrate Marilyn Chin's first novel, Revenge of the Mooncake Vixen, which is the current front-runner my personal favorite book of the 2009. I haven't laughed as much with an Asian American novel like this in a long time. It's really good.

The party was made possible in part by seasonal sponsorship from Beerlao and the Chinatown Ice Cream Factory. I'm particularly happy to see Beerlao supporting the literary arts in New York. I hope they continue to do so not only there but elsewhere across the country. It would be especially nice to see them support events by Lao writers and artists. I know it would mean a lot.

I interviewed Marilyn several years back for Asian American Press that's currently archived at the University of Minnesota. I recently did a zany follow-up interview with her for Tripmaster Monkey.

Here's wishing her continued luck and success on Revenge of the Mooncake Vixen! I think it's going to be one of the great classics in the coming years ahead.

No comments: