Tuesday, January 14, 2014

2013 Eligible works for consideration


It's nomination season again for a number of awards, ranging from the Stokers, Hugos, Rhyslings, Elgin, Parallax, Nebulas, among others.

This was a productive enough year for me, with 10 poems and a full-length book published between January 1st to December 31st. I didn't publish any short stories this year, although a good many of my poems were longer than usual. For those of my readers who have been asking, the following works of mine are eligible for consideration:

Books:
DEMONSTRA, Innsmouth Free Press, 2013

Poetry:
"Dreamonstration," The Missing Slate. (Pakistan)
"Fragment of a Dream of Atlantean Yellows," Innsmouth Magazine. (Canada)
"Ink: A Recipe," Cha Magazine. (Hong Kong)
“Stainless Steel Nak,” Lontar. (Singapore)
"No Regrets," Rain of Poems by the Casagrande Collective. (Chile)
"On A Stairway In Luang Prabang," The World Record, Bloodaxe Books (England)
“Full Metal Hanuman,” Strange Horizons.
 “The Robo Sutra,” and "Five Flavors,” Expanded Horizons.
"No Such Phi," Lakeside Circus.
"Songkran Niyomsane's Forensic Medicine Museum, 2003," Line Break.
"Evolve," I Want the Wide American Earth exhibit, Smithsonian Institution.

I'm not including the Poet-to-Poet interviews I did, nor my fun interview with Wendy Chin-Tanner at Lantern Review, as I think that occupies a grey area from a literary standpoint. There were also any number of essays and columns I wrote for Little Laos on the Prairie, Asian American Press, the Horror Writer Association, and the Twin Cities Daily Planet, but that's for another time.

One of the interesting things putting the list together was realizing, in a lifetime, really, how many pieces work DOES an average poet get published in any given year. For all of that writing, does it really boil down to almost less than a dozen a year, if you don't include what makes it into a book-length collection?

In any case, getting published has been an honor enough, and I thank you all for your tireless support and good cheer on this strange, winding road we call a poet's path! Here's to all of the amazing things ahead!


No comments: