Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Poem: The Pearl In The Shadows.


"The Pearl In The Shadows" appeared in Cthulhusattva: Tales of the Black Gnosis in 2016 from Martian Migraine Press, inspired by the weird fiction of H.P. Lovecraft, the Cthulhu Mythos and other traditions. Here's a recorded reading of it I did this season. I was honored the poem was selected as the opening poem to the anthology. "When the Sage points at R'lyeh, the Madman stares at the tentacle," is still one of my favorite opening lines to one of my recent poems.


Cthulhusattva also includes great stories by Gord Sellar, Kristi DeMeester, Jayaprakash Satyamurthy, and the groundbreaking Mythos novella from Ruthanna Emrys, The Litany of Earth. With cover art by Alix Branwyn, interior illustrations by Michael Lee Macdonald this is one of my personal favorites in my library.

No comments: